How to Signup for a Google Adwords Account
Congratulations on joining over 400,000 users who already use Market Samurai to help them make smart online business decisions!
Before you begin...
Before you begin your keyword research, you'll first need to create a Google Adwords account and enter your details into Market Samurai.
Please note: Creating a Google Adwords account is completely free, and takes only a few minutes.
In this video we’ll take a look at how to set up your Google Adwords account completely from scratch, and how to enter your account details into Market Samurai.
To get started -
To get started, just go to http://adwords.Google.com and click on the Start Now" button in the upper-right hand corner.
Google Adwords account setup page
This will take you to the Google Adwords setup page where you can create a new account.
Select which best describes you
The first step is to select the option that best describes your situation. The options provided are:
1) I have a google account and password that I use with other Google services, or
2) I do not use these other services.
Start from scratch
Because I’m starting from scratch. I’ll select “I do not use these other services”.
Email address and password
Google will then ask you for an email address and password to associate with your new account.
So I'll just enter these now...
Re-enter password and enter CAPTCHA message
Then, re-enter your password, and a CAPTCHA message to verify that I’m a real person.
Then click the 'create account' button.
Select Time Zone and Currency
Next, you'll need to select a time zone and currency that is most relevant to your keyword research. This will be the currency that Market Samurai will use for all its currency-related calculations.
Please note that selecting a currency for your account
- will not require you to enter any credit card details,
- will not reqiure you to make any payments whatsoever
- and will not cost you a cent when used from within Market Samurai to generate keywords.
Time Zone - Australia
So coming back to the account signup page:
Because I live in Australia, I’ll select Australia for my time zone country, and Melbourne for my time zone.
Currency - AUD
The “Australian Dollar” for my currency.
And then I'll click continue.
Verify email address
Google then notifies me that my account has been setup, and that they have sent me a message to verify my that email address is correct.
So all I have to do is go to my email inbox and open the message.
Then click the verification link.
Enter Adwords details into Market Samurai
Return to Market Samurai and enter your new Adwords account details.
Enter my Adwords email address and password, then click the ‘Save and Continue’ button.
Shows Google Adwords account
Market Samurai then shows me that I’m using my Adwords account to generate my list of keywords.
And that's all there is to it - once you've created your account and entered your details into Market Samurai, you're all set to get started with your Keyword Research.
More Keyword Research Lessons
- Introduction to Keyword Research
- Golden Rule #1: How to Find Relevant Keywords
- Golden Rule #2: How to Find High Traffic Keywords
- Golden Rule #3: How to Assess Market Competition
- Golden Rule #4: How to Assess Commerciality
- Golden Rules Case Study
- Finding Long Tail Keywords
- Understanding Match Type Data
- How to Avoid Targeting the Wrong Keywords
- How to add your Google Adwords account details into Market Samurai
- How to Signup for a Google Adwords Account
- How to Use Preset Filters