At 5.42am (EST) on 13th January the Market Samurai main server experienced technical difficulties.
The cause of the problem has been traced to unexpected MySQL binary log files which filled the log directory and took the server offline.
As the issue occurred at 9.42pm Australian time, we were not online to receive the email notifications and unfortunately there appears to have been a problem with our SMS notification system.
The problem therefore only came to our attention at 8.30am when we arrived at work.
What Has Been Done to Fix the Problem?
(1) The server has been reset and the problematic log files eliminated.
(2) We have also reconfigured the server and arranged automatic expiration of the offending log files so that this specific issue does not happen again
What Are We Doing To Ensure Similar Problems Do Not Happen Again?
In order to ensure that similar problems do not arise in the future we will be:
(1) Improving our SMS notification system
(2) Implementing an improved monitoring system
(3) Implementing redundancy solutions for essential services
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all Market Samurai users for any inconvenience caused and we will be doing everything possible to minimize outages in the future.